Wells Fargo Financial Advisor, Michael Morrisset, The Subject Of A $2.3 Million Customer Complaint For Alleged Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Michael Morrissett, a Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors in Roanoke, Virginia. Michael Morrissett has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at First Union Brokerage Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on April 5, 2018, a customer filed a complaint against Michael Morrissett, alleging “FA misrepresented two hedge funds…as suitable for their investment objectives.” The alleged damages are $2.3 million and the matter remains pending.
Michael Morrissett has a history of other customer complaints for alleged sales practice violations. Among the past customer complaints against Michael Morrissett include:
- January 2014—“Claimant alleges her FA pursued an unsuitable investment strategy…that overexposed her account to the volatility of the equities markets…” The matter was settled for $85,000.
- May 2012—“The client alleges that his account is in a managed account program that is unsuitable…” Damages are unspecified.
To review all disclosures reportable to Michael Morrissett, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1456789#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Trading long-term investment vehicles in short duration is per se improper as it presents very little benefit to the customer and only benefits the Financial Advisor, who earns commissions. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Morrissett and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- What Is the True Value of My Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trust?
- Former Forest Securities Broker, Jeffrey Scott Nimmow, Barred By FINRA For Engaging In The Sale Of Woodbridge Notes Without Firm Approval
- Former Moors & Cabot Broker, David Gray Dalton, Suspended By FINRA For Exercising Discretionary Trading Authority Without Customer Authorization
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income