UBS Broker, Dwight West, Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations To An Elderly Client
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Dwight West, a Financial Advisor at UBS in Lone Tree, Colorado. Dwight West has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Morgan Stanley.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on May 24, 2018, the power of attorney for an elderly client made a customer complaint against Dwight West, alleging “elderly customer alleges, through her POA and son, that her FA engaged in unsuitable recommendations, unauthorized trades, abandonment of account, and failure to communicate.” The matter remains pending.
Dwight West has four additional customer complaints reflected on his FINRA disclosure report, including the following:
- December 1999—Client alleged “securities laws” violations. The matter was settled for $225,000.
- December 1999—Client alleges “miscommunication” of material facts. The matter was settled for $40,000.
For a full copy of Dwight West’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/463778#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Dwight West and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund