Stephen A. Kohn & Associates Financial Advisor, Harold A. Schwartz, Suspended By FINRA For Allegedly Impersonating A Client
Harold Alan Schwartz (CRD # 841225) is a Financial Advisor at Stephan A. Kohn & Associates in Jacksonville, FL. Harold Schwartz has been in the securities industry since 1997 and previously worked at Royal Alliance, The Leaders Group, D.E. Frey & Company, Pruco Securities, Lehman Brothers, E.F. Hutton, Connecticut Mutual Life, and New York Life.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 21, 2019, Harold Schwartz was suspended by FINRA for allegedly impersonating “a customer on two telephone calls to an annuity company for the purpose of reducing the periodic withdrawals from the customer’s annuity…”
For a copy of Harold Schwartz’ FINRA sanction click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2019061715601%20Harold%20A.%20Schwartz%20CRD%20841225%20AWC%20jm.pdf.
In February 2019, Harold Schwartz was “permitted to resign” from Royal Alliance relating to these allegations. In addition, Harold Schwartz has two customer complaints disclosed on his CRD alleging:
- August 2018 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGED THAT REPRESENTATIVE GUARANTEED THE MONEY WOULD DOUBLE IN 10 YEARS, BUT THE INCOME BASE IS WHAT DOUBLED IN 10 YEARS.” The matter settled for $100,000.
- December 2001 – “MARKET CONDITIONS CHANGED AND CLIENT BELIEVED POLICY WAS NO LONGER VIABLE.” The matter settled for $118,223.13
For a copy of Harold Schwartz’ CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/841225#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures