Securities America Financial Advisor, Andrew Burdsall, Has Five Reported Customer Complaints
Andrew Burdsall is a Financial Advisor at Securities American in Jeffersonville, IN. Andrew Burdsall has been in the securities industry since 1999 and previously worked at Ameriprise Financial Services and LDS Life Insurance Co.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Andrew Burdsall has five customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including one pending complaint, alleging sales practice violations:
- January 2019—”Client alleges that after briefly discussing the possibility of generating a monthly income plan, the representative placed unauthorized trades within the client’s account which resulted in a loss to his portfolio.” Alleged damages are $106,2020 and the matter remains pending.
- December 2010—”IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECOMMENDATION AND SALE OF MEDICAL CAPITAL, CLAIMANTS ALLEGE UNSUITABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND VIOLATION OF DUTIES OWED TO CLAIMANTS.” The matter was settled for $32,493.
- August 2010—”IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECOMMENDATION AND SALE OF PROVIDENT ROYALTIES, CLAIMANT ALLEGES UNSUITABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND VIOLATION OF DUTIES OWED TO CLAIMANT.” The matter was settled for $20,888.
- July 2010—”IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECOMMENDATION AND SALE OF PROVIDENT ROYALTIES, CLAIMANT ALLEGES UNSUITABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND VIOLATION OF DUTIES OWED TO CLAIMANT.” The matter was settled for $626,661.
- December 2009—”RELATING TO THE SALE OF PROVIDENT SHALE, IMH SECURED LOAN FUND, AND A VARIABLE ANNUITY, CLAIMANTS ALLEGE MISREPRESENTATION, UNSUITABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD AND BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY.” The matter was settled for $31,000.
For a copy of the Andrew Burdsall’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4043145#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations