- July 24, 2018
- Packerland Brokerage Services
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Edward Davig, a Financial Advisor at Packerland Brokerage Services in Holmen, Wisconsin. Edward Davig has been in the securities industry since the 1970s and previously worked for Royal Alliance Associates and Keogler, Morgan & Co.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Edward Davig has six (6) customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including one pending customer complaint.
Among the specific customer complaints against Edward Davig include:
- May 2018—“David allegedly solicited the customer to invest in an unsuitable and illiquid oil and gas master limited partnership.” The alleged damages are $500,000 and the matter remains pending.
- June 2006—Customer alleges “unsuitable investments.” The matter was settled for $135,000.
- March 2005—Customer alleges investments were “unsuitable.” The matter was settled for $32,500.
- February 2002—“Arbitration complaint alleges mismanagement of Claimants’ accounts…” The matter was settled for $167,500.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Edward Davig and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.