Oppenheimer & Co. Financial Advisor, Demos Argyros, Has Five Customer Complaint Disclosures, Including One Pending Complaint
Demos Argyros is a Financial Advisor at Oppenheimer & Co. in St. Louis. Demos Argyros entered the securities industry in 1986 and previously worked at CIBC World Markets.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Demos Argyros has five (5) customer complaint disclosures reflected on his permanent record maintained by Central Registration Depository (CRD). These complaints allege sales practice vilations. Among the complaints include the following:
- February 2019—”CLAIMANT ALLEGES NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT RELATING TO UNSUITABLE EQUITIES AND WARRANTS. FROM 5/1/2008 TO 11/30/2016.” Alleged damages are $100,000 and the matter remains pending.
- April 2017—”BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, CHURNING, SUITABILITY CONVERSION BY CHARGING EXCESSIVE FEES AND MISSING FUNDS. FROM 1/2008 THROUGH 12/2016.” The matter was settled for $275,000.
- July 1999—”CLAIMANT ALLEGES THAT MR. ARGYROS FAILED TO FOLLOW HIS TRANSACTIONS INSTRUCTION WITH RESPECT TO HIS ALLEGED REQUEST TO SHORT AGOURON PHARMACEUTICALS AND TO PURCHASE AMAZON.COM. CLAIMANT FURTH ALLEGES THAT MR. AGYROS EXECUTED THE PURCHASE OF MONSANTO WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION.” An arbitration panel awarded $56,500.
For a copy of Demos Argylos’ CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1325219
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland