Oppenheimer & Co. Broker, Timothy Atyeo, Has Four Customer Complaint Disclosures On His CRD
Timothy Atyeo (CRD # 1544728) is a Financial Advisor at Oppenheimer & Co. in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Timothy Atyeo has been in the securities industry since 1986 and previously worked at CIBC World Markets and PaineWebber.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Timothy Atyeo has been the subject of four customer complaints during his career. Among the customer complaints against Timothy Atyeo including the following:
• July 2019—”CLAIMANTS ASSERT CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, MISREPRESENTATION AND OVER CONCENTRATION AND SPECULATIVE TRADING IN THE ENERGY SECTOR. FROM 8/1/2011 – 2/28/2019. May 2017.” The alleged damages are $1.1 million and the matter remains pending.
• June 2017—”CLIENT ALLEGES THAT THERE WAS TOO MUCH RISK AND A LACK OF DIVERSIFICATION IN A CORPORATE ACCOUNT. TIME PERIOD IS 2014 THROUGH 2017.” The alleged damages were $4 million and the complaint was denied by the brokerage firm.
• April 2016—”CLAIMANT ALLEGES THAT RESPONDENT RECOMMENDED UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS AND INAPPROPRIATELY PLACED THEM ON MARGIN. 2010 – 11/2014.” The matter was settled for $30,000.
• May 2010—”CLAIMANT ALLEGES THAT OPPENHEIMER, INTER ALIA MISREPRESENTED ARS AS CASH EQUIVILENTS.” The alleged damages were $50,000.
For a copy of Timothy Atyeo’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1544728#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland