NYLife Securities Financial Advisor, Ashley Woodard, Has Five Pending Customer Complaints
Ashley Charles Woodard is a Financial Advisor at NYLife Securities LLC in Greenville, S.C. Ashley Woodard entered the securities industry in 2003 and previously worked for VOYA Financial Advisors, Capital Investment Group, Brookstone Securities, New England Securities, Cuna Brokerage Services, Ameriprise Financial and IDS Life Insurance Company.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Ashley Woodard has five pending customer complaints alleging:
- May 2019: “Statement of Claim notes various alternative, illiquid and unsuitable securities were recommended by representative.” Alleged damages are $1,000,000.
- April 2019: “Allegations include misrepresentation and suitability related to the alternative/illiquid securities that were recommended.” Alleged damages are $100,000.
- April 2019: “Allegations include recommendations were made for unsuitable and illiquid securities.” $1,000,000 in alleged damages.
- April 2019: “Allegations include recommendations were made for unsuitalble and illiquid securities.” Alleged damages of $1,000,000.
- March 2019: “Claimant alleges that in or about January 2016 and February 2017, she was advised to liquidate her entire portfolio and invest in unsuitable, high risk, high fee, and illiquid investments.”
In addition, Ashley Woodard discloses a $53,676 tax lien and a 2010 bankruptcy. For a copy of Ashley Woodard’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4703144#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.