- June 25, 2018
- Morgan Stanley
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Barry Garapedian, a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley in Westlake Village, California. Barry Garapedian has been in the securities industry since the 1980s.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as June 25, 2018, Barry Garapedian has been the subject of fourteen (14) customer complaints, including two pending customer complaints from March and April 2018.
This is an exceedingly high number of customer complains to be filed against a single Financial Advisor. Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
Among the customer complaints against Barry Garapedian are the following:
- April 2018—“Customer alleges that his account had excessive fees, investments were unsuitable, and investments were overconcentrated.” Alleged damages are $713,000 and the matter remains pending.
- March 2018—Customer alleged “unsuitable recommendations with respect to investments.”
- March 2018—“Client alleges unsuitability, inter alia, with respect to investments.” Alleged damages are $106,178.
- September 2015—“Client alleges, inter alia, that the investments recommended for his account were unsuitable.” Alleged damages were $444,000.
- March 2008—“Complaint about auction rate securities.” Matter was settled for $1.5 million.
- August 2001—Customer “alleged unsuitability, overconcentration in technology stocks, utilizing margin, failure to disclose risks…” The matter was settled for $100,000.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Barry Garapedian and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.