Morgan Stanely Financial Advisor Barry Garapedian The Subject Of 14 Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Barry Garapedian, a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley in Westlake Village, California. Barry Garapedian has been in the securities industry since the 1980s.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as June 25, 2018, Barry Garapedian has been the subject of fourteen (14) customer complaints, including two pending customer complaints from March and April 2018.
This is an exceedingly high number of customer complains to be filed against a single Financial Advisor. Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
Among the customer complaints against Barry Garapedian are the following:
- April 2018—“Customer alleges that his account had excessive fees, investments were unsuitable, and investments were overconcentrated.” Alleged damages are $713,000 and the matter remains pending.
- March 2018—Customer alleged “unsuitable recommendations with respect to investments.”
- March 2018—“Client alleges unsuitability, inter alia, with respect to investments.” Alleged damages are $106,178.
- September 2015—“Client alleges, inter alia, that the investments recommended for his account were unsuitable.” Alleged damages were $444,000.
- March 2008—“Complaint about auction rate securities.” Matter was settled for $1.5 million.
- August 2001—Customer “alleged unsuitability, overconcentration in technology stocks, utilizing margin, failure to disclose risks…” The matter was settled for $100,000.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Barry Garapedian and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- PHX Financial, Inc. Broker, Serge Parakhnevich (Serge Parker), Has Had Two Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Concorde Investment Services, LLC Broker, William Morrow, Has Had Thirteen Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Former David A. Noyes & Company Broker, Stuart Pearl, Has Five Customer Complaint Disclosures, Including A Pending Complaint Alleging Damages Of $2 Million
- Former Peachcap Securities Broker, Aaron Brodt, Has Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- National Securities Corporation Broker, Shaun Stein, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures Since April 2012
- Network 1 Financial Securities Inc. Broker, Patrick Teutonico, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Since April 2020
- Former Triad Advisors, Inc Broker, Mark Reffet, Is The Subject Of A Customer Complaint Alleging Over $1.5 Million In Damages
- Alexander Capital Broker, John Slipek, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Dawson James Securities, Inc Broker, Rebecca Belicek, Has A Customer Complaint Disclosure
- Alexander Capital, L.P. Broker, Jody Thompson, Suspended Five Months By FINRA For Allegeding Recommending Unsuitable Private Placement Securities