Michael Rappa, A Financial Advisor At Foresters Equity Services In San Diego, Is The Subject Of A $700,000 Customer Complaint Regarding Unsuitable Private Securities Transactions
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Foresters Equity Services Financial Advisor, Michael Rappa, based in San Diego.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in February 2018, a customer complaint was filed against Michael Rappa regarding the sale of unsuitable securities. Alleged damages are $700,000. It is further alleged that Michael Rappa engaged in private securities transactions, which are prohibited under FINRA rules.
FINRA rules strictly prohibit Financial Advisors from recommending securities that are neither authorized nor approved by their employing brokerage firm. Those who engage in private securities transactions are said to be “selling away.”
Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Rappa at Foresters Equity Services and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland