Michael Rappa, A Financial Advisor At Foresters Equity Services In San Diego, Is The Subject Of A $700,000 Customer Complaint Regarding Unsuitable Private Securities Transactions
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Foresters Equity Services Financial Advisor, Michael Rappa, based in San Diego.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in February 2018, a customer complaint was filed against Michael Rappa regarding the sale of unsuitable securities. Alleged damages are $700,000. It is further alleged that Michael Rappa engaged in private securities transactions, which are prohibited under FINRA rules.
FINRA rules strictly prohibit Financial Advisors from recommending securities that are neither authorized nor approved by their employing brokerage firm. Those who engage in private securities transactions are said to be “selling away.”
Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Rappa at Foresters Equity Services and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct