Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, Robert Gerstein, Has Four Customer Complaint Disclosures
Robert Gerstein is a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in its New York, NY branch office. Robert Gerstein has been in the securities industry since 1977 and has worked with Merrill Lynch for his entire career.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Robert Gerstein has four (4) customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including three pending complaints, alleging sales practice violations. Among the customer complaints include the following:
- December 2018—”The Customer alleges unsuitable investment recommendations and misrepresentation from April 2016 to October 2018.” Damages are unspecified and the matter remains pending.
- December 2013—”THE CUSTOMER ALLEGES UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MAY 2012 TO DECEMBER 2013.” The matter was settled for $8,889.
- October 2002—”CUSTOMER ALLEGES HIS FINANCIAL ADVISOR SOLD BONDS AND PURCHASED LONG TERM MUTUAL FUNDS IN HIS ACCOUNT WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION. NO DAMAGES ALLEGED.” Damages were unspecified.
- January 1987—”CLAIM OF UNAUTHORIZED TRADING WITH DAMAGES OF $320,000.” The matter was settled for $275,000.
For a copy of the Robert Gerstein’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/840752#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct