- June 29, 2018
- Kestra Investment Services
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Mitchell Walk, a Financial Advisor at Kestra Financial Services, in Longwood, FL. Mitchell Walk first entered the securities industry in 2001 and previously worked for Securities America.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Mitchell Walk has five customer complaints, including two pending complaints.
The allegations against Mitchell Walk include the recommendation of unsuitable investments and misrepresentation. Specifically, customers have alleged:
- August 2017—“Registered representative made unsuitable recommendations and Kestra Investemnt Services failed to supervise those recommendations.” Alleged damages are $72,000 and the matter remains pending.
- October 2016—“Claim alleging misrepresentations and other causes of action in connection with the sale of various alternative investments in approximately August 2014.” Alleged damages are $350,000 and the matter remains pending.
- July 2013—“Complaint alleges unsuitability and other causes of action in connection with the sale of mezzanine financing…” Alleged damages were $50,000.
- June 2013—“Complaint alleges unsuitability and other causes of action in connection with the sale of alternative investments in 2007.” The matter was settled for $77,500
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Mitchell Walk or Kestra Financial Services and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.