INVESTOR ALERT—The SEC and The Massachusetts Securities Division Are Investigating Allegations That Suspended Broker, Bruce C. Worthington, Misappropriated Investor Funds
Bruce C. Worthington is a former Financial Advisor at Founders Financial Securities LLC in Middleton, MA. Bruce Worthington has been in the securities industry since 1992 and previously worked at PFS Investments, Inc. in Duluth, GA and Commonwealth Financial Network in Rowley, MA.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the SEC “opened an investigation of Mr. Worthington after concerns arose about his receipt and disposition of customer funds prior to 2013.” Bruce Worthington is also currently under investigation by the Massachusetts Securities Division for allegations that he “misappropriated the funds of at least one Massachusetts investor.” Founders Financial Securities terminated Bruce Worthington in September 2018.
In December 2018, FINRA suspended Bruce Worthington from the industry indefinitely for failing to respond to FINRA’s request for information.
Bruce Worthington also reported a foreclosure in 2015, an IRS tax lien in 2014 for $70,845.36 and an IRS tax lien in 2009 for $210,507.98.
For a copy of the Bruce Worthington CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2193895#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are Stockbroker Mistakes Considered Fraud?
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities