INVESTOR ALERT—Terminated Broker, James Flynn, Sanctioned By FINRA
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn, a former Financial Advisor at Voya Financial Advisors and IFS Securities in Greenville, South Carolina. James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Capital Investment Group and Brookstone Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn has eleven (11) reported customer complaints for sales practice violations, a suspension by FINRA, two employment terminations and tax liens reflected on his disclosure report.
To review all customer complaints and disclosures against James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/3082615#disclosuresSection.
Customers have alleged a broad array of claims against James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn over the years, including unsuitability, misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty. Among the specific complaints include:
- June 2018—“Customer alleges representative transferred assets from a 401(k) into illiquid and unsuitable investments. The matter remains pending.
- May 2018—“Customer alleges the recommendation for the alternative investment product purchased in June 2014 in his IRA and joint account was not suitable.” The matter was settled for $75,000.
- May 2017—“Customer questioned suitability of REIT investments and the replacement of variable annuity policy.” The matter was settled for $167,673.
- December 2016—“Complainant alleged unsuitable recommendation of variable annuity product.” The matter was settled for $196,788.
In addition, in June 2018, FINRA suspended James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn for failing to respond to FINRA’s request for information as part of an investigation it was conducting regarding James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn’s sales practices.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of James Flynn a/k/a Jim Flynn and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct