INVESTOR ALERT—Raymond James Financial Advisor, William Council, Has Three Pending Customer Complaints
William Council is a Financial Advisor at Raymond James in its San Diego, California branch office. William Council has been in the securities industry since 1978 and previously worked at D.A. Davidson & Co. And Crowell Weedon & Co.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), William Council has three pending customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, alleging sales practice violations:
- February 2019—“The client alleged FA recommended unsuitable securities.” The alleged damages are $334,000 and the matter remains pending.
- December 2018—”Unsuitable Investment Recommendations, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Negligent Misrepresentation, Negligence, Breach of Contract.” Alleged damages are $105,000 and the matter remains pending.
- December 2018—”Suitability, Breach of the Duty of Fair Dealing, Breach of Duty to Observe High Standards of Commercial Honor,Violation of Florida Securities and Investor Protection Act.’ Alleged damages are $50,000 and the matter remains pending.
In addition to the customer complaints, William Council has disclosed eight judgment/tax liens, which may be an indication of financial irresponsibility.
For a copy of the William Council’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/848504#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations