INVESTOR ALERT—Raymond James Financial Advisor, William Council, Has Three Pending Customer Complaints
William Council is a Financial Advisor at Raymond James in its San Diego, California branch office. William Council has been in the securities industry since 1978 and previously worked at D.A. Davidson & Co. And Crowell Weedon & Co.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), William Council has three pending customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, alleging sales practice violations:
- February 2019—“The client alleged FA recommended unsuitable securities.” The alleged damages are $334,000 and the matter remains pending.
- December 2018—”Unsuitable Investment Recommendations, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Negligent Misrepresentation, Negligence, Breach of Contract.” Alleged damages are $105,000 and the matter remains pending.
- December 2018—”Suitability, Breach of the Duty of Fair Dealing, Breach of Duty to Observe High Standards of Commercial Honor,Violation of Florida Securities and Investor Protection Act.’ Alleged damages are $50,000 and the matter remains pending.
In addition to the customer complaints, William Council has disclosed eight judgment/tax liens, which may be an indication of financial irresponsibility.
For a copy of the William Council’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/848504#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland