INVESTOR ALERT: Former Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor, Izhar Shefer, Has Ten Customer Complaints
Izhar Shefer is a former Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley in Aventura, FL. Izhar Shefer has been in the securities industry since 1998 and previously worked at Corporate Securities Group, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Salomon Smith Barney, Inc., Prudential Securities Incorporated, Wachovia Securities, LLC, and APW Capital, Inc. Izhar Shefer is not currently registered with any FINRA member firm.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Izhar Shefer is/has been the subject of ten customer complaints alleging sales practice misconduct. Among the complaints against Izhar Shefer include the following:
- August 2018 – “Claimants allege, inter alia, unsuitability with respect to investments in accounts – 2011 to 2017.” Alleged damages are $700,000.
- September 2017 – “Client alleges unsuitability with respect to investments – July 2015-February 2017.” The matter settled for $30,000.
- May 2016 – “Claimant alleges, inter alia, that from June 2015 to November 2015 the FA misrepresented an unsuitable trading strategy.” The matter settled for $172,500.
- April 2016 – “The claimant alleged, inter alia, unauthorized trading and misrepresentation with respect to option investments – May 2015 to January 2016.” The matter settled for $60,000.
For a copy of Izhar Shefer’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1759498#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures