- March 8, 2019
- Dawson James Securities
Robert D. Armstrong is a Financial Advisor at Dawson James Securities, Inc. in Boca Raton, Florida. Richard Bernstein has been in the securities industry since 2010 and previously worked at Arora Capital LLC in Bridgehampton, New York, and Westpark Capital, Inc. in Boca Raton, Florida.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Robert Armstrong has 7 pending customer complaints disclosed on his CRD. The allegations are as follows:
- January 2019 – “Material misstatements and omissions, unsuitable recommendations and investing claimants account negligently.” Alleged damages are $105,000.
- January 2019 – “Material misstatemetns, unsuitable recommendations, failure to give full disclosures and failure to invest claimant’s account prudently.” Alleged damages are $120,000.
- December 2018 – “Claimants allege material misstatements, unsuitable recommendations, failure to give full disclosures and failure to invest Claimants’ accounts prudently.” Alleged damages are $375,000.
- April 2018 – “Misrepresentations, promissory statements and unsuitable recommendations.” Alleged damages are $300,000.
- April 2018 – “The clients allege that Dr. Armstrong made misrepresentations and promissory statements in regard to a private placement that was not suitable for investors.” Alleged damages are $900,000.
- February 2018 – “Misrepresentation, promissory statements and unsuitable recommendation.” Alleged damages are $230,000.
- March 2017 – “False and misleading assurances and unsuitable recommendations.” Alleged damages are $440,000.
For a copy of the Robert Armstrong CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/5236735#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.