INVESTOR ALERT—Centaurus Broker William (“Bill”) Burks Has Pending Customer Complaint Alleging Damages Of $415,000
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against William Burks, a Financial Advisor at Centaurus Financial in Flower Mound, Texas. William Burks has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at PFS Investments, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2010, William Burks has been the subject of six (6) customer complaints for various sales practice violations.
Customers have alleged misrepresentation, unsuitability, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with recommendations made by William Burks. Among the specific complaints include the following:
- May 2018—“Claimants allege the investments were unsuitable and the associated liquidity risks were not fully explained.” Alleged damages are $415,000 and the matter remains pending.
- January 2016—“Customer alleges unsuitable investment and misrepresentation.”
- August 2012—“Clients allege multiple issues with the handling of their account….the clients also allege that signatures on certain documents are not theirs.” The matter was settled for $40,000.
- October 2011—“Client alleges that his account was handled improperly.” Alleged damages were $200,000.
Williams Burks has numerous additional customer complaints, all of which can be accessed by clicking https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2944992#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of William Burks and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations