INVESTOR ALERT—Centaurus Broker William (“Bill”) Burks Has Pending Customer Complaint Alleging Damages Of $415,000
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against William Burks, a Financial Advisor at Centaurus Financial in Flower Mound, Texas. William Burks has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at PFS Investments, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2010, William Burks has been the subject of six (6) customer complaints for various sales practice violations.
Customers have alleged misrepresentation, unsuitability, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with recommendations made by William Burks. Among the specific complaints include the following:
- May 2018—“Claimants allege the investments were unsuitable and the associated liquidity risks were not fully explained.” Alleged damages are $415,000 and the matter remains pending.
- January 2016—“Customer alleges unsuitable investment and misrepresentation.”
- August 2012—“Clients allege multiple issues with the handling of their account….the clients also allege that signatures on certain documents are not theirs.” The matter was settled for $40,000.
- October 2011—“Client alleges that his account was handled improperly.” Alleged damages were $200,000.
Williams Burks has numerous additional customer complaints, all of which can be accessed by clicking https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2944992#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of William Burks and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures