INVESTOR ALERT—Centaurus Broker William (“Bill”) Burks Has Pending Customer Complaint Alleging Damages Of $415,000
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against William Burks, a Financial Advisor at Centaurus Financial in Flower Mound, Texas. William Burks has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at PFS Investments, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2010, William Burks has been the subject of six (6) customer complaints for various sales practice violations.
Customers have alleged misrepresentation, unsuitability, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with recommendations made by William Burks. Among the specific complaints include the following:
- May 2018—“Claimants allege the investments were unsuitable and the associated liquidity risks were not fully explained.” Alleged damages are $415,000 and the matter remains pending.
- January 2016—“Customer alleges unsuitable investment and misrepresentation.”
- August 2012—“Clients allege multiple issues with the handling of their account….the clients also allege that signatures on certain documents are not theirs.” The matter was settled for $40,000.
- October 2011—“Client alleges that his account was handled improperly.” Alleged damages were $200,000.
Williams Burks has numerous additional customer complaints, all of which can be accessed by clicking https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2944992#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of William Burks and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland