- August 9, 2018
- Centaurus Financial
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. is currently investigating claims against Donnie Ingram, a Financial Advisor at Centaurus Financial in Winter Haven, FL Donnie Ingram has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Investors Capital Corp.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2012, Donnie Ingram has been the subject of nine (9) customer complaints for various sales practice violations. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints, yet Carol Holm remains registered and licensed to conduct business with investors.
Customers have repeatedly alleged that Donnie Ingram has recommended unsuitable investments. Among the specific complaints against Donnie Ingram including the following:
- July 2017—“Claimant alleges the subject sold her unsuitable investments I bonds and REITS.” The matter was settled for $23,000
- November 2016—Customer “alleged unsuitability of investments made from 2003-2015.” The matter was settled for $200,000.
- November 2016—Customer “alleged unsuitability of investments.” The matter was settled for $46,000.
- October 2016—“Client claims respondent sold him unsuitable investments.” The matter was settled for $45,000.
- August 2016—“Client alleges over concentrated and unsuitable investments.” The matter was settled for $115,000.
- May 2016—Customer alleges “suitability of investments made between 2008 and 2011.” The matter was settled for $112, 500.
- June 2012—Customer alleges “suitability.” The matter was settled for $232,500.
Donnie Ingram has numerous additional customer complaints, all of which can be accessed by clicking https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1416971#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Donnie Ingram and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm, P.A. at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, P.A., is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.