Herbert J Sims Broker, Robert Salles, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Robert Salles, a former Financial Adviser at Herbert J Sims & Co. in Boca Raton, FL. Robert Salles has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Smith Barney.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Robert Salles has been the subject of six (6) customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including two pending complaints. Among the complaints filed against Robert Salles are the following:
- May 2018—”Time frame: September 2009 to present. Claimant alleged breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, breach of contract, fraud misrepresentation, failure to supervise.” The alleged damages are $200,000 and the matter remains pending.
- October 2017—”Time frame: 2005-to present Allegations: Claimants allege unsuitable recommendations.” The matter remains pending.
- August 2001—”FRAUD, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS AND INVESTMENT STRATEGY, MISREPRESENTATION AND NEGLIGENCE FROM LATE 1999 TO EARLY 2000.” The matter was settled for $65,000.
For a full copy of Robert Salles’ CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1468194#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Robert Salles as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland