Former Thrivent Investment Management Broker, Arlyn Stokesbary, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Customer Accounts Without Authorization
Arlyn Stokesbary (CRD # 1717430) is a former Financial Advisor at Thrivent Investment Management, Inc. in Slayton, MN. Arlyn Stokesbary has been in the securities industry since 1987 and previously worked at Lutheran Brotherhood Securities, Corp.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in August 2019, FINRA suspended Arlyn Stokesbary from acting as a broker for exercising “discretion in customers’ accounts without written authorization from the customers and without acceptance of the accounts as discretionary by his member firm.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018059898701%20Arlyn%20Roy%20Stokesbary%20CRD%201717430%20%20AWC%20va.pdf.
Thrivent Investment Management “discharged” Arlyn Stokesbary in August 2018 for “failing to discontinue improper trading practices in commission-based Brokerage Accounts after being educated.”
For a copy of Arlyn Stokesbary’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1717430.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former LPL Financial And Current Royal Alliance Broker, Kevin Barletta, Supsended by FINRA For Two Months And Fined $5,000 For Alleged Improper Trading Practices With REITs
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Sean Refsnider, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Converting Assets From An Elderly Client
- Barred Former Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Johnathan Freeze, Has Nine Costumer Complaint Disclosures
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Broker, Forrest Jones, Under Investigation By The United States Securities And Exchange Commission
- Former Fortune Financial Services Broker, Jeffrey Butler, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- W & S Brokerage Services, Inc. Broker, Marcus Beasley, Sanctioned And Discharged For Allegedly Engaging In Outside Business Activity
- Former AXA Advisors LLC Broker, Jenna Kang, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Whether She Improperly Signed Customer Forms
- Former Vision Brokerage Services, LLC Broker, Dwight Dykstra, Supsended by FINRA For One Year And Fined $10,000, For Allegedly Engaging In Private Securities Transactions
- Four Points Capital Partners LLC Broker, Michael Christopher Martino, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Ronald Hannes, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With FINRA Investigation Regarding The Conversion Of Client Assets