Former Raymond James Financial Advisor, James Edward Lyons, Barred From Associating With Any FINRA Brokerage Firm
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against former Raymond James Financial Advisor, James Edward Lyons.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), effective June 4, 2018, James Edward Lyons was barred from associating with any FINRA member brokerage firm. Effectively, this means that James Edward Lyons is unable to work as a registered Financial Advisor. This disciplinary action was prompted by James Edward Lyon’s failure to comply with a subpoena request made by FINRA to provide on the record testimony regarding his sales practices.
According to FINRA’s BrokerCheck, James Edward Lyons has a total of eight (8) customer complaints, three (3) of which are currently pending. These complaints allege sales practice violations, including allegations of fraud, negligence, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investment recommendations. Among the complaints include:
- November 2017—Pending customer complaint, alleging fraud, unauthorized trading, and unsuitability. Alleged damages of $5 million.
- October 2017—Pending customer complaint, alleging unsuitable investment recommendations. Damages unspecified.
- April 2016—Customer complaint alleging churning, violation of federal securities laws, unauthorized trading and unsuitable investment recommendations. The alleged damages were $1.2 million. The dispute was settled for $400,000.
Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
If you or someone you know was a customer of James Edward Lyons at Raymond James and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland