Former NY Life Securities Broker, Felix Chu, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Cooperate With Investigation
Felix Chu (CRD # 2427593) was a Financial Advisor at NY Life Securities in Pleasant Hill, California. Felix Chu has been in the securities industry since 1994 and worked at NY Life his entire career.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on December 4, 2019, FINRA sanctioned Felix Chu, barring him from associating with any FINRA Member after he failed to cooperate with its investigation and request for information.
In addition to this regulatory bar, Felix Chu has two customer complaint disclosures from 2019, alleging sales practice misconduct. The allegations against Felix Chu are the following:
• October 29, 2019—”Plaintiff alleges that beginning in March 2016 until September 2018, she and her late husband were misled into purchasing promissory notes for a total of $305,000.00. Plaintiff further alleges that they were misled into remitting a check for $75,000 to purchase what they believed to be additional insurance. Plaintiffs are seeking compensatory damages in excess of $380,000, lost income, interest, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.” The alleged damages are $380,000 and the matter remains pending.
• August 2019—”Plaintiffs allege that beginning in 2015, they were misled into purchasing promissory notes. Plaintiffs are seeking the return of principal, interest, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.” The alleged damages are $836,950 and the matter remains pending.
For a copy of Felix Chu’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2427593.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Are Stockbroker Mistakes Considered Fraud?
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities