Former Next Financial Group Financial Advisor, Steven Zerbarini, Santioned By FINRA For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Customer Accounts Without Prior Written Approval
Steven Zerbarini is a former Financial Advisor at Next Financial Group, Inc. in Safety Harbor, FL. Steven Zerbarini has been in the securities industry since 1997 and previously worked at IDS Life Insurance Company and Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Steven Zerbarini is not currently associated with any FINRA member firm.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on April 22, 2019, Steven Zerbarini was suspended by FINRA from associating with any FINRA member firm in any capacity for one month and fined $5,000. According to the FINRA sanction:
“Without admitting or denying the findings, Zerbarini consented to the sactions and to the entry of finds that he exercised discretionary power in effecting purchases of securities in non-discretionary customer accounts, without prior written authorization from the customers, and without prior written acceptance of the accounts as discretionary by his member firm.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2845669#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland