Former Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, Ma Rosa Linan Abrego, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Her Alleged Misappropriation Of Client Funds
Ma Rosa Linan Abrego (CRD # 6122105) was a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in McAllen, Texas. Ma Rosa Linan Abrego has been in the securities industry since 2016 and has spent the entirety of that time period with Merrill Lynch.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on June 10, 2019, Ma Rosa Linan Abrego was terminated by Merrill Lynch or the “misappropriation of client funds.” Following the termination, FINRA initiated an investigation, which ultimately led to a sanction, barring Ma Rosa Linan Abrego from the securities industry. According to the FINRA sanction, Ma Rosa Linan Abrego failed to cooperate in the FINRA investigation into whether she misappropriated client assets, which led to an automatic bar from the industry.
For a copy of Ma Rosa Linan Abrego’s FINRA sanction click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2019063173201%20Ma%20Rosa%20Linan%20Abrego%20CRD%206122105%20AWC%20va.pdf.
For a copy of Ma Rosa Linan Abrego’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/6122105#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moloney Securities Advisor, Jeffrey Max Cohen, Has One Settled And Four Pending Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Brokers International Financial Services Advisor, Mark C. Perry, Has Two Pending Customer Complaints, Alleging Misappropriation of Funds
- Former SCF Securities Broker, Peter Orlando, Barred Indefinitely By FINRA For Allegedly Improperly Obtaining Control Over The Finances Of His 81-Year Old Widow Client
- How to Know if You’re a Victim of a Ponzi Scheme
- The SEC Obtains Final Judgment Against Former Worden Capital Management Broker, Donald Fowler, For Excessive Trading And Churning In Customer Accounts
- Former Kestra Investment Services Broker, James Daughtry, Barred By FINRA, After Allegations Of Fraudulent And Unauthorized Transactions Entered In Customer Accounts
- Former Cetera Advisors Broker, Scott Kozak, Suspended By FINRA For Two Years, For Allegedly Engaging In Private Securities Transactions
- Caught By Surprise Or Poor Planning?—Recovering Investment Losses From The Recent Stock Market Crash
- Former Merrill Lynch Broker, Jacquin Fink, Has Eleven Customer Complaint Disclosures, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Network 1 Financial Securities Broker, Raymond Thomas, Is The Subject Of A FINRA Enforcement Action