Former McNally Financial Services Corporation Financial Advisor, Dennis Nakamura, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Alleged Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Dennis M. Nakamura (CRD # 819626) was a Financial Advisor at McNally Financial Services Corporation in Moraga, CA. Dennis Nakamura has been in the securities industry since 1976 and previously worked at JHS Capital Advisors, Sterling Financial Investment Group, Round Hill Securities, First Affiliated Securities, Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Co., Executive Financial Services, Emmett A Larkin Company and PML Securities Company.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 21, 2019, Dennis Nakamura was barred by FINRA for refusing “to appear and provide on-the-record testimony requested by FINRA in connection to its investigation into whether he violated FINRA rules by making unsuitable investment recommendations to customers while associated with a member firm.”
For a copy of Dennis Nakamura’s FINRA sanction click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018058820101%20Dennis%20Masaaki%20Nakamura%20CRD%20819626%20AWC%20jm.pdf.
In addition, Dennis Nakamura has been the subject of five customer complaints, including the following allegations:
- July 2018 – “Claimant alleges failure to disclose extent of risk, unauthorized trading, recommending unsuitable investment, breach of fiduciary duty, failure to supervise, churning, breach of contract and elder abuse.” The matter settled for $300,000.
- May 1999 – “FAILURE TO SUPERVISE; ABUSE OF AN ELDER; BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY; BREACH OF THE IMPLIED COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH AND FAIR DEALING; FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION AND NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION; VIOLATION OF STATE SECURITIES LAWS; NASD RULES OF FAIR PRACTICE AND NYSE RULES.” The matter settled for $19,445.
- July 1993 – “UNSUITABLE TRANSACTIONS.” The matter settled for $12,000.
For a copy of Dennis Nakamura’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/819626#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland