Former Chelsea Financial Services Financial Advisor, Michael Bastardi, Barred By FINRA
Michael Bastardi was a Financial Advisor at Chelsea Financial Services, Inc. in Staten Island, NY. Michael Bastardi entered the securities industry in 2012 and previously worked at National Securities Corporation, Securities America, Dalton Strategic Investment Services and Cape Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in May 2019, FINRA sanctioned Michael Bastardi, barring him from the securities industry, for refusing to produce documents and information requested by FINRA in connection with its investigation relating an October 2018 customer complaint alleging that he had engaged in unsuitable margin trading, unauthorized trading, fraud and forgery…” The alleged damages are $270,000. That matter is currently pending
A copy of the FINRA sanction can be accessed by clicking http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018059770401%20Michael%20Anthony%20Bastardi%20CRD%206015424%20AWC%20jm.pdf.
Michael Bastardi has another January 2015 customer complaint disclosed on his CRD alleging “Churning, Suitability, from May through June of 2012.” That matter settled for $45,000.
For a copy of Michael Bastardi’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/6015424#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland