Former Cetera Financial Advisor, David Rockwell, Has Two Pending Customer Complaints Disclosed On His CRD Alleging Sales Practice Violations
David Rockwell (CRD # 4236377) was a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisor Networks in Fort Myers, FL. David Rockwell has been in the securities industry since 2000 and previously worked at SunTrust Investment Services, LLC, Fifth Third Securities, Inc. and Comerica Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), David Rockwell has two pending customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, alleging the following sales practice violations:
- July 2019 – “Clients allege Mr. Rockwell was involved in forgery and fraud regarding their accounts.” Alleged damages are $700,000, and the matter is currently pending.
- June 2016 – “Client alleges that Mr. Rockwell misappropriated money from his investment accounts to invest in a private security related to a company owned by Mr. Rockwell.” Alleged damages are $500,000, and the matter is currently pending.
In addition, David Rockwell was “discharged” by World Choice Securites, Inc. in June 2019. The allegations are that, “While at a previous broker-dealer customer established and funded an LLC with $400k and then transferred same to an LLC established by Rockwell for the purpose of (a) real estate deal(s) allegedly never made.” In November 2018, David Rockwell was discharged from Cetera Advisor Networks, LLC after he “NOTIFIED THE FIRM THAT HE HAD BEEN CHARGED WITH A FELONY.”
For a copy of David Rockwell’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4236377#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- First Standard Financial Broker, Frank Venturelli, Suspended Eleven Months By FINRA For Allegedly Engaging In Excessive Trading
- Former RBC Capital Markets Broker, Barry Hartwyk, Suspended By FINRA For 15 Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Client Accounts
- Morgan Stanley Broker, Albert Dishner, Suspended By FINRA For Ten Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Customer Accounts
- Center Street Securities Financial Advisor, Seth Stewart, Has Two Disclosed Customer Complaints
- Arkadios Capital Financial Advisor, Kevin Rainwater, Has Four Disclosed Customer Complaints, And Tax Liens
- Former Western International Securities Broker, Dennis Mehringer, Barred By FINRA
- Aegis Capital Corp. Financial Advisor, Thomas Kelly, Jr., Has Had Fifteen Disclosed Customer Complaints During His Career
- Former O.N. Equity Sales Co. Broker, James Van Ham, Suspended By FINRA, For Allegedly Attempting To Facilitate An Annuity Exchange Away From His Firm
- Former Pruco Securities Broker, Matthew Muratori, Barred By FINRA, After Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Funds Belonging To Elderly Client
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Or Other Alternative Investments From Former Concorde Investment Services And Current DAI Broker, Joseph Michaeletz?