Former Cetera Advisor Networks LLC. Broker, Stanley Secor, Barred By FINRA
Stanley Secor (CRD # 1982414) was a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisor Networks LLC in Salt Lake City, UT. Stanley Secor has been in the securities industry since 1989 and previously worked at Girard Securities, Inc., Securian Financial Services, Inc., and WS Griffith Securities, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on July 28, 2020, FINRA sanctioned Stanley Secor, barring him from acting as a broker or associating with a broker-dealer. According to the FINRA Letter of Acceptance, Waiver and Consent, “Without admitting or denying the findings, Secor consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he refused to produce information and documents requested by FINRA during the course of an investigation into the nature and scope of his relationship with certain customers and his communications to his member firms about those relationships to determine whether he engaged in conduct that violated federal securities laws or regulations or FINRA rules.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2020065022401%20Stanley%20B.%20Secor%20CRD%201982414%20AWC%20sl.pdf
In December 2019, Stanley Secor was discharged from Cetera Advisor Networks LLC. According to Stanley Secor’s BrokerCheck report, “While under suspension by the firm, registered representative violated the terms of his suspension by interfering with the forwarding of securities-related emails to the representative’s regional director.”
In addition, the Utah Division of Securities brought regulatory action against Stanley Secor in October 2019 for “SHARING IN CLIENT ACCOUNTS, UNDISCLOSED AND UNAPPROVED ESTATE ROLES AND TRUSTEE APPOINTMENTS, DESIGNATION AS CLIENT’S BENEFICIARY WITHOUT FIRM APPROVAL, VIOLATION OF FORMER BD’S WSPS AND MISREPRESENTATION AS TO SOURCE OF FUNDS, CONTROL AND CUSTODY OF CLIENT FUNDS, FALSE STATEMENTS TO THE DIVISION AND DISHONEST OR UNETHICAL PRACTICES.”
For a copy of Stanley Secor ’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1982414#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct