FINRA Filed An Enforcement Proceeding Against Broker, Michael Ahearn, For Providing False Testimony To FINRA In Connection With An Investigation Into His Sales Practices
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Michael Ahearn, a former Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Yardley, Pennsylvania. Michael Ahearn has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Wells Fargo.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on July 30, 2018, FINRA commenced an investigation against Michael Ahearn for “providing false written statements” to FINRA. On September 12, 2018, FINRA officially filed an enforcement proceeding against Michael Ahearn for, among other things, allegedly falsifying account opening documents for a trust account held in the name of an elder, vulnerable adult. When asked about the false documentation, Michael Ahearn allegedly lied. After the misconduct was discovered, Michael Ahearn was discharged by Merrill Lynch.
This is not John Cutshall’s first alleged indiscretion. In 2014, he was terminated by Morgan Stanley for engaging in conduct that violated firm policy.
To review a full copy of the FINRA Complaint, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2016051389101%20Michael%20John%20Ahearn%20CRD%202661001%20Complaint%20va.pdf
To review a full copy of John Cutshall’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2661001#disclosuresSection
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Ahearn and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund