FINRA Filed An Enforcement Proceeding Against Broker, Michael Ahearn, For Providing False Testimony To FINRA In Connection With An Investigation Into His Sales Practices
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Michael Ahearn, a former Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Yardley, Pennsylvania. Michael Ahearn has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Wells Fargo.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on July 30, 2018, FINRA commenced an investigation against Michael Ahearn for “providing false written statements” to FINRA. On September 12, 2018, FINRA officially filed an enforcement proceeding against Michael Ahearn for, among other things, allegedly falsifying account opening documents for a trust account held in the name of an elder, vulnerable adult. When asked about the false documentation, Michael Ahearn allegedly lied. After the misconduct was discovered, Michael Ahearn was discharged by Merrill Lynch.
This is not John Cutshall’s first alleged indiscretion. In 2014, he was terminated by Morgan Stanley for engaging in conduct that violated firm policy.
To review a full copy of the FINRA Complaint, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2016051389101%20Michael%20John%20Ahearn%20CRD%202661001%20Complaint%20va.pdf
To review a full copy of John Cutshall’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2661001#disclosuresSection
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Ahearn and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct