FINRA Filed An Enforcement Proceeding Against Broker, Michael Ahearn, For Providing False Testimony To FINRA In Connection With An Investigation Into His Sales Practices
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Michael Ahearn, a former Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Yardley, Pennsylvania. Michael Ahearn has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Wells Fargo.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on July 30, 2018, FINRA commenced an investigation against Michael Ahearn for “providing false written statements” to FINRA. On September 12, 2018, FINRA officially filed an enforcement proceeding against Michael Ahearn for, among other things, allegedly falsifying account opening documents for a trust account held in the name of an elder, vulnerable adult. When asked about the false documentation, Michael Ahearn allegedly lied. After the misconduct was discovered, Michael Ahearn was discharged by Merrill Lynch.
This is not John Cutshall’s first alleged indiscretion. In 2014, he was terminated by Morgan Stanley for engaging in conduct that violated firm policy.
To review a full copy of the FINRA Complaint, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2016051389101%20Michael%20John%20Ahearn%20CRD%202661001%20Complaint%20va.pdf
To review a full copy of John Cutshall’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2661001#disclosuresSection
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Ahearn and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures