FINRA Barred Former Wilbanks Securities Financial Advisor, Larry Crabtree, For Failing To Appear And Provide Testimony In FINRA Investigation
Larry Crabtree was a financial advisor at Wilbanks Securities in Edmond, OK. Larry Crabtree has been in the securities industry since 1994 and previously worked at WFG Investments, Inc., Capital West Securities, Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Capital West Securities and Robert Thomas Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Rand Heckler has two customer complaints alleging sales practice violatyions. In addition, Larry Crabtree has been the subject of a regulatory action, which has resulted in him being barred from the securities industry.
In June 2019, Larry Crabtree “failed to appear and provide FINRA on-the-record testimony as requested during the course of an ongoing investigation into whether he converted funds.” FINRA barred Larry Crabtree indefinitely from acting as a broker or otherwise associating with a broker-dealer firm.
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2017055858301%20Larry%20Michael%20Crabtree%20CRD%202479599%20AWC%20va.pdf.
FINRA suspended Larry Crabtree for six months in December 2015 for “incorrectly stat[ing] a customer’s income and net worth on new account form and Crabtree’s failure to accurately record his customer’s financial information on the form…”
In addition to the regulatory events, Larry Crabtree has been the subject of two customer complaints, alleging the following:
- September 2013 – “CLIENT ALLEGES UNSUITABLE RECOMMENDATIONS ON HER RETIREMENT ACCOUNT FROM 2009-2013.” The matter settled for $70,000.
- August 2010 – “COMMISSION WAS BEING CHARGED ON ACCOUNT WHILE BEING CHARGED QUARTERLY MANAGEMENT FEES.” The matter settled for $16,000.
For a copy of Larry Crabtree’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2479599.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct