Financial Advisor, Thomas Logue, Barred By FINRA And Also Has Numerous Customer Complaints For Sales Practice Violations
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Thomas Logue, a former Financial Advisor at American Independent Securities Group in Hilldale, Illinois. Thomas Logue has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Investors Capital Corp.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on September 14, 2018, FINRA sanctioned Thomas Logue after he refused to cooperate with a FINRA investigation into his sales practices. When Thomas Logue did not appear for on the record testimony, he was barred.
To review a full copy of the FINRA sanction, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018057025501%20Thomas%20Joseph%20Logue%2C%20Jr.%20CRD%201700554%20AWC%20va.pdf
In addition, Thomas Logue has a history of customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including but not limited to:
- February 2018—Customer alleged FA “misrepresented the investments sold to them” and alleged damages of $188,000.
- December 2017—Customer alleged that “all transactions recommended by Mr. Logue are unsuitable.” Alleged damages are $125,000 and the matter remains pending.
- September 2017—Customer alleged that “Mr. Logue misrepresented the investments they purchased.” The matter was subsequently settled.
- February 2006—Customer alleged “unauthorized trading.” The matter was subsequently settled.
To review a full copy of Thomas Logue’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1700554#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Scott Sanders and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures