Customer Sues Janney Montgomery Scott Financial Advisor Steven Eric Dolgin Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations, Misrepresentations and Unauthorized Trading
Steven Eric Dolgin is a Financial Advisor with Janney Montgomery Scott LLC in Melville, NY. Steven Dolgin has been in the securities industry since 1983 and previously worked at PaineWebber, Smith Barney, Prudential Securities and Wachovia Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Steven Dolgin currently has a pending customer complaint disclosed on his CRD. In January 2019, a customer alleged that Steven Dolgin “made unsuitable recommendations and material misrepresentations to the client, breached his fiduciary duty and executed trades in the Client’s account without her authorization.”
For a copy of the Steven Dolgin CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1202513
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- First Standard Financial Broker, Frank Venturelli, Suspended Eleven Months By FINRA For Allegedly Engaging In Excessive Trading
- Former RBC Capital Markets Broker, Barry Hartwyk, Suspended By FINRA For 15 Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Client Accounts
- Morgan Stanley Broker, Albert Dishner, Suspended By FINRA For Ten Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Customer Accounts
- Center Street Securities Financial Advisor, Seth Stewart, Has Two Disclosed Customer Complaints
- Arkadios Capital Financial Advisor, Kevin Rainwater, Has Four Disclosed Customer Complaints, And Tax Liens
- Former Western International Securities Broker, Dennis Mehringer, Barred By FINRA
- Aegis Capital Corp. Financial Advisor, Thomas Kelly, Jr., Has Had Fifteen Disclosed Customer Complaints During His Career
- Former O.N. Equity Sales Co. Broker, James Van Ham, Suspended By FINRA, For Allegedly Attempting To Facilitate An Annuity Exchange Away From His Firm
- Former Pruco Securities Broker, Matthew Muratori, Barred By FINRA, After Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Funds Belonging To Elderly Client
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Or Other Alternative Investments From Former Concorde Investment Services And Current DAI Broker, Joseph Michaeletz?