Corecap Investments Broker, Judith Villareal, Has Had Four Customer Complaints Since 2017
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Judith Villareal, a Financial Advisor at Corecap Investments, Inc. in Southfield, Michigan. Judith Villareal has been in the securities industry since the 1997 and previously worked for Midamerica Financial Services, which was expelled from the industry.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2017, Judith Villareal has been the subject of four customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations. All of the matters have been settled by Corecap Investments. The specific allegations against Judith Villareal include the following:
- April 2018—“Allegations arise solely out of Villareal’s control person status during the occurrence of alleged thefts by an RR of the firm.” The matter was settled for $170,000.
- February 2018—“Claimant alleges that RR Ernest Romer stole money” and that Judith Villareal failed to supervise. The matter was settled for $27,500.
- July 2017—“Claimant alleges that an RR of the firm stole money from her and that registrant failed to prevent such theft.” The matter was settled for $75,000.
- July 2017—“Claimant alleges that broker stole money from claimant and registrant failed to present the theft.” The matter was settled for $57,500.
For a full copy of Judith Villareal’s disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1795375#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Judith Villareal and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct