Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor, Richard Pittman, Has Three Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Richard L. Pittman is a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisors LLC in Menphis, TN. Richard Pittman has been in the securities industry since 1997 and previously worked at Investors Capital Corp, Washington Square Securities, Inc. and WMA Securities, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Richard Pittman has three customer complaints alleging the following sales practice violations:
- October 2018 – “Alleged unsuitability of investments made in 2008.” The customer alleges $300,000 in damages, and the matter is currently pending.
- August 2018 – “Suitability of investments made approximately 10 years ago, in 2008.” The customer alleges $736,000 in damages, and the matter is currently pending.
- October 2016 – “Based on current performance, client alleges that investments made in 2008 were unsuitable.” The matter settled for $200,000.
For a copy of Richard Pittman’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2845145.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct