- February 6, 2020
- Cetera Advisors LLC
Victor A. Rigoni III (CRD # 4272056) is a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisor Networks LLC in Lake Forest, IL. Victor Rigoni has been in the securities industry since since 2000 and previously worked at Summit Brokerage Services, Inc, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. and Edward Jones.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Victor Rigoni has six disclosed customer complaints, alleging sales practice misconduct, including two pending complaints and three settled complaints. Among the customer complaints against Victor Rigoni are the following:
• December 2019 – “Client alleges breach of contract, unsuitable recommendations.” Alleged damages are $99,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• May 2019 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, COMMON LAW FRAUD, AND NEGLIGENCE.” Alleged damages are $100,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• April 2019 – “CLIENT ALLEGES BREACH OF CONTRACT, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, AND VIOLATION F FINRA RULES.” The matter settled for $13,999.
• October 2018 – “Client alleges breach of contract, fraud misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and violation of FINRA rules.” The matter settled for $12,000.
• September 2010 – “CLIENTS ALLEGE: 1) PRIOR TO TRANSFER TO NEW FIRM, RR LIQUIDATED HOLDINGS WITH THE PURPOSE OF GENERATING NEW COMMISSIONS WITH NEW FIRM, 2) RR GENERATED EXCESSIVE COMMISSIONS, 3) INVESTMENTS WERE NOT SUITABLE, 4) RR ENGAGED IN UNAUTHORIZED TRADING, AND 5) RR MADE POOR RECOMMENDATIONS.” The matter settled for $63,742.
In addition, Victor Rigoni discloses two civil and eight tax liens dating back to 1999.
For a copy of Victor Rigoni’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4272056#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, P.A., is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.