Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
Victor A. Rigoni III (CRD # 4272056) is a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisor Networks LLC in Lake Forest, IL. Victor Rigoni has been in the securities industry since since 2000 and previously worked at Summit Brokerage Services, Inc, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. and Edward Jones.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Victor Rigoni has six disclosed customer complaints, alleging sales practice misconduct, including two pending complaints and three settled complaints. Among the customer complaints against Victor Rigoni are the following:
• December 2019 – “Client alleges breach of contract, unsuitable recommendations.” Alleged damages are $99,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• May 2019 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, COMMON LAW FRAUD, AND NEGLIGENCE.” Alleged damages are $100,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• April 2019 – “CLIENT ALLEGES BREACH OF CONTRACT, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, AND VIOLATION F FINRA RULES.” The matter settled for $13,999.
• October 2018 – “Client alleges breach of contract, fraud misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and violation of FINRA rules.” The matter settled for $12,000.
• September 2010 – “CLIENTS ALLEGE: 1) PRIOR TO TRANSFER TO NEW FIRM, RR LIQUIDATED HOLDINGS WITH THE PURPOSE OF GENERATING NEW COMMISSIONS WITH NEW FIRM, 2) RR GENERATED EXCESSIVE COMMISSIONS, 3) INVESTMENTS WERE NOT SUITABLE, 4) RR ENGAGED IN UNAUTHORIZED TRADING, AND 5) RR MADE POOR RECOMMENDATIONS.” The matter settled for $63,742.
In addition, Victor Rigoni discloses two civil and eight tax liens dating back to 1999.
For a copy of Victor Rigoni’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4272056#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct