Berthel Fisher Financial Financial Advisor, Genevieve Mar, Has Three Customer Complaints, Including One Pending Complaint Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Genevieve Mar is a Financial Advisor at Berthel Fisher & Co. in Northbrook, Illinois. Genevieve Mar has been in the securities industry since 1996 and previously worked at Brewer Financial Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in July 2018, a customer filed a complaint against Genevieve Mar, alleging “that the investments purchased between 2014-2016 were unsuitable, are not preforming as expected, and that the high risk level associated with the investments was not explained to them at the time of purchase. They also allege the firm failed to supervise the actions of the representative.” The complaint alleges damages of $250,000 and remains pending.
In addition to the pending complaint, Genevieve Mar has also been the subject of two additional complaints.
- September 2013—“THE CLIENT ALLEGES THE 2007 AND 2008 TIC PURCHASES WERE UNSUITABLE AND MISREPRESENTED BY THE REPRESENTATIVE. THE CLIENT ALSO ALLEGES THE FIRM FAILED TO CONDUCT ADEQUATE DUE DILIGENCE.” The matter went to arbitration and the customer was awarded $222,000.
- June 2011—”CLIENTS ALLEGE MISREPRESENTATIONS AND OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE, AND FRAUD BY THE REPRESENTATIVE.” The matter went to arbitration and the customer was awarded $125,000.
For a copy of Genevieve Mar’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2744037#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures