Aegis Capital Broker, Harold Weber, Has Had Four Customer Complaints Since 2016, Including One Pending Complaint
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Harold Weber, a Financial Advisor at Aegis Capital in New York, NY. Harold Weber has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked Wells Fargo.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Harold Weber has had four customer complaints filed against him since 2016, in which customers alleged sales practice violations.
- April 2018—”Claimants alleged, inter alia, unsuitability with respect to investments.” Alleged damages are $274,000 and the matter remains pending.
- June 2017—”Client claims misrepresentation and unsuitable investments in mutual fund securities.” The matter was settled for $50,000.
- May 2016—”CLAIMANT ALLEGES FA OVER CONCENTRATED HIS RETIREMENT ACCOUNT THAT WAS OPENED IN 2013, IN VOLATILE AND SPECULATIVE PENNY STOCKS.” The matter was settled for $15,000.
For a full copy of Harold Weber’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1047064#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Harold Weber as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct