Spartan Capital Securities Broker, Albert Foronda, Sanctioned By FINRA For Allegedly Effecting Unauthorized Transactions In Customer Accounts
Albert Foronda (CRD # 5737620) is a Financial Advisor at Spartan Capital Securities, LLC in New York, NY. Albert Foronda has been in the securities industry since since 2010, and previously worked at Worden Capital Management LLC, Legend Securities, Inc. and National Securities Corporation.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on January 17, 2020, FINRA sanctioned Albert Foronda, suspending him from the industry for 45 days, and ordering him to pay $7,500 in fines and $2,765 in restitution. According to the FINRA sanction, “From June 2017 through August 2017, while associated through Worden, and in December 2017, while associated through Spartan, Foronda effected transactions in accounts of two customers using discretion without written authorization from the customers and without the member firms accepting the accounts as discretionary, in violation of NASD Rule 2510(b) and FINRA Rule 2010.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2017055395801%20Albert%20Foronda%20CRD%205737620%20AWC%20va.pdf.
In addition to the foreging regulatory disclosures, Albert Foronda has three disclosed customer complaints on his CRD, alleging the following:
• May 2019 – “Allegations of unsuitability, excessive trading, negligence.” Alleged damages are $650,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• April 2018 – “Breach of Fiduciary Duty, breach of contract, negligence.” Alleged damages are $90,000, and the matter is currently pending.
• July 2017 – “Customer alleged that a transaction made in his account wasn’t authorized.” The matter settled for $14,000.
For a copy of Albert Foronda’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/5737620#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former Forest Securities Broker, Jeffrey Scott Nimmow, Barred By FINRA For Engaging In The Sale Of Woodbridge Notes Without Firm Approval
- Former Moors & Cabot Broker, David Gray Dalton, Suspended By FINRA For Exercising Discretionary Trading Authority Without Customer Authorization
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Investors In Market Linked CDs Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income