Raymond James Financial Advisor, Maria Hendershott, Has Had Three Customer Complaints Since 2017
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Maria Hendershott, a Financial Advisor at Raymond James in Houston, Texas. Maria Hendershott has been in the securities industry since the 1970s and previously worked at Legg Mason
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 27, 2018, a customer filed a complaint against Maria Hendershott, alleging:
“Breach of Contract and Warranties, Promissory Estoppel, Violation of Provisions of The Texas State Securities Statutes, Ann. Tx Civil Statutes Art. 581-33, Violation of Fraud Statutes of Texas Bc. Code Ann. § 27.01, Violation Of The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act Bc. Code Ann. § 17.46 and Tex Bc. Code Ann. § 17.50, Breach of Fiduciary Duty & Vicarious Liability. Activity Dates 01/15/2015 – 09/12/2016.” The customer alleged damages of $500,000 and the matter remains pending.
Maria Hendershott has had two other customer complaints since 2017.
- October 2017—”Claimant alleges: Gross mismanagement of accounts, investor abuse, churning, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, violation of industry rules.” The matter was settled for $75,000
- January 2016—Claimant alleged “suitability, Over-concentration, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Texas Securities Act Claim; Fraud by Misrepresentation and Omission, Negligent Misrepresentation. Dates 2/3/2006 through 12/31/2015.” The matter was settled for $285,000.
For a full copy of Maria Hendershott’s BrokerCheck report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/818681#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Maria Hendershott as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct