Raymond James Financial Advisor, Maria Hendershott, Has Four Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Three Since 2016
Maria Hendershott is a Financial Advisor at Raymond James in Houston, Texas. Maria Hendershott entered the securities industry in 1976 and previously worked at Legg Mason.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2016, Maria Hendershott has been the subject of three customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations. Over the course of her career, Maria Hendershott has been the subject of a total of four complaints. Among the complaints, including the following:
- November 2018—Customer alleged “Breach of Contract and Warranties, Promissory Estoppel, Violation of Provisions of The Texas State Securities Statutes, Ann. Tx Civil Statutes Art. 581-33, Violation of Fraud Statutes of Texas Bc. Code Ann. § 27.01, Violation Of The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act Bc. Code Ann. § 17.46 and Tex Bc. Code Ann. § 17.50, Breach of Fiduciary Duty & Vicarious Liability. Activity Dates 01/15/2015 – 09/12/2016.” Alleged damages are $500,000 and the matter remains pending.
- October 2017—Customer alleged “Activity period 06/30/2014 – 07/31/2015 Claimant alleges: Gross mismanagement of accounts, investor abuse, churning, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, violation of industry rules.” The matter was settled for $75,000.
- January 2016—Customer alleged “Suitability, Over-concentration, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Texas Securities Act Claim; Fraud by Misrepresentation and Omission, Negligent Misrepresentation. Dates 2/3/2006 through 12/31/2015.” The matter was settled for $285,000.
- November 1994—Customer alleged “UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS, MISREPRESENTATIONS. SEEKS DAMAGES OF $148,708.89 PLUS INTEREST, ATTORNEYS FEES, COSTS AND EXEMPLARY DAMAGES.” The matter was settled for $20,000.
For a copy of Maria Hendershott’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/818681#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland