Oppenheimer Broker, Cesar Hurtado, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
Cesar Augusto Hurtado (CRD # 4137948) is a Financial Advisor at Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. in Miami, FL. Cesar Hurtado has been in the securities industry since 2000 and previously worked at CIBC World Markets Corp. in New York.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Cesar Hurtado has been the subject of two customer complaints, alleging the following:
- August 2019 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, BREACH OF CONTACT, FRAUD AND NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION CONCERNING THE INVESTMENTS IN HER ACCOUNTS.” Alleged damages are $100,000, and the matter is currently pending.
- September 2017 – “Claimants assert claims for fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence in connection with the investments in, and management of, their account.” The matter settled for $285,000.
For a copy of Cesar Hurtado’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4137948.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insight Securities Broker, Carlos Legacy, Has Four Pending Customer Complaints, Involving The Sale Of Worthless Securities
- Former BMA Securities Broker, Martin Noonan, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Cooperate In An Investigation Regarding Excessive Trading
- Merrill Lynch Broker, Christopher Roumayeh, Suspended By FINRA For 21 Months For Engaging In Unapproved Outside Business Activities
- Former Aegis Capital And Joseph Stone Capital Broker, Steven Luftschein, Has 17 Disclosed Customer Complaints And A Pending FINRA Enforcement Action
- Pruco Securities Financial Advisor, Christopher Shaw, Has Three Customer Complaints, Allegding Damages Of More Than $1 Million
- FINRA Files Enforcement Action Against Former Maloney Securities Broker, Joseph John Weinrich, For Non-Disclosure Of Items On His CRD And Making False Statements To His Employer
- Barred Former Oppenheimer Financial Advisor, David Krumrey, Has Six Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Investment Planners, Inc. Financial Advisor, James Parrelly, Suspended By FINRA For 15 Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In A Customer Account
- National Securities Corp. Broker, Michael Burkhoff, Has Five Disclosed Customer Complaints
- USA Financial Securities Corp. Broker, Robert Gianchiglia, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations