Oppenheimer Broker, Cesar Hurtado, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
Cesar Augusto Hurtado (CRD # 4137948) is a Financial Advisor at Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. in Miami, FL. Cesar Hurtado has been in the securities industry since 2000 and previously worked at CIBC World Markets Corp. in New York.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Cesar Hurtado has been the subject of two customer complaints, alleging the following:
- August 2019 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, BREACH OF CONTACT, FRAUD AND NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION CONCERNING THE INVESTMENTS IN HER ACCOUNTS.” Alleged damages are $100,000, and the matter is currently pending.
- September 2017 – “Claimants assert claims for fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence in connection with the investments in, and management of, their account.” The matter settled for $285,000.
For a copy of Cesar Hurtado’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4137948.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Is the True Value of My Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trust?
- Former Forest Securities Broker, Jeffrey Scott Nimmow, Barred By FINRA For Engaging In The Sale Of Woodbridge Notes Without Firm Approval
- Former Moors & Cabot Broker, David Gray Dalton, Suspended By FINRA For Exercising Discretionary Trading Authority Without Customer Authorization
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income