FRAUD ALERT—The Wolper Law Firm Is Investigating Claims Against Strong Investment Management And Its CEO, Joseph Bronson
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Strong Investment Management and its CEO, Joseph Bronson.
In February 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a Complaint against Strong Investment Management, John Engebretson, and Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson), alleging that Strong Investment Management and Joseph Bronson engaged in a “cherry picking” scheme in which they funneled “winning trades into accounts maintained by “favored” customers while placing the losing trades in “disfavored accounts.” In essence, Strong Investment Management allocated a disproportionate percentage of losing trades into certain accounts. This is a violation of federal and state securities laws. It also constitutes a clear violation of the fiduciary duty owed by an investment advisor.
On June 15, 2018, a final judgment was entered by consent against Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson). On July 12, 2018, the SEC issued an Order Instituting Administrative Proceedings” against John Engebretson and barring him from association with any broker dealer or investment advisor.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Strong Investment Management, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland