FRAUD ALERT—The Wolper Law Firm Is Investigating Claims Against Strong Investment Management And Its CEO, Joseph Bronson
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Strong Investment Management and its CEO, Joseph Bronson.
In February 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a Complaint against Strong Investment Management, John Engebretson, and Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson), alleging that Strong Investment Management and Joseph Bronson engaged in a “cherry picking” scheme in which they funneled “winning trades into accounts maintained by “favored” customers while placing the losing trades in “disfavored accounts.” In essence, Strong Investment Management allocated a disproportionate percentage of losing trades into certain accounts. This is a violation of federal and state securities laws. It also constitutes a clear violation of the fiduciary duty owed by an investment advisor.
On June 15, 2018, a final judgment was entered by consent against Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson). On July 12, 2018, the SEC issued an Order Instituting Administrative Proceedings” against John Engebretson and barring him from association with any broker dealer or investment advisor.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Strong Investment Management, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct