FRAUD ALERT—The Wolper Law Firm Is Investigating Claims Against Strong Investment Management And Its CEO, Joseph Bronson
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Strong Investment Management and its CEO, Joseph Bronson.
In February 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a Complaint against Strong Investment Management, John Engebretson, and Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson), alleging that Strong Investment Management and Joseph Bronson engaged in a “cherry picking” scheme in which they funneled “winning trades into accounts maintained by “favored” customers while placing the losing trades in “disfavored accounts.” In essence, Strong Investment Management allocated a disproportionate percentage of losing trades into certain accounts. This is a violation of federal and state securities laws. It also constitutes a clear violation of the fiduciary duty owed by an investment advisor.
On June 15, 2018, a final judgment was entered by consent against Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson). On July 12, 2018, the SEC issued an Order Instituting Administrative Proceedings” against John Engebretson and barring him from association with any broker dealer or investment advisor.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Strong Investment Management, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations