FRAUD ALERT—The Wolper Law Firm Is Investigating Claims Against Strong Investment Management And Its CEO, Joseph Bronson
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Strong Investment Management and its CEO, Joseph Bronson.
In February 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a Complaint against Strong Investment Management, John Engebretson, and Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson), alleging that Strong Investment Management and Joseph Bronson engaged in a “cherry picking” scheme in which they funneled “winning trades into accounts maintained by “favored” customers while placing the losing trades in “disfavored accounts.” In essence, Strong Investment Management allocated a disproportionate percentage of losing trades into certain accounts. This is a violation of federal and state securities laws. It also constitutes a clear violation of the fiduciary duty owed by an investment advisor.
On June 15, 2018, a final judgment was entered by consent against Joseph Bronson (f/k/a Joseph Engebretson). On July 12, 2018, the SEC issued an Order Instituting Administrative Proceedings” against John Engebretson and barring him from association with any broker dealer or investment advisor.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Strong Investment Management, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund