Former Spartan Securities and Aegis Capital Broker, Pratul Agnihotri, Is The Subject Of A FINRA Disciplinary Proceeding For Allegedly Converting Customer Funds
Pratul Agnihotri, (CRD # 4031797) was a Financial Advisor at Spartan Capital Securities and Aegis Capital Corp in New York, NY and Melville, NY, respectively. Pratul Agnihotri has been in the securities industry since 1999 and previously worked at Gunallen Financial and four other brokerage firms that have been expelled from the securities industry.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on October 18, 2019, FINRA made a preliminary determination to recommend that disciplinary action be taken against Pratul Agnihotri for allegedly converting customer funds in violation of FINRA rules and engaging in an unlawful outside business activity.
In addition, Pratul Agnihotri has been the subject of three customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including one pending complaint. The complaints allege the following:
- October 2019—”DECEMBER 2013 TO PRESENT. CLAIMANT ALLEGES UNAUTHORIZED TRADING, FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, NEGLIGENCE, SELLING AWAY, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY.” Alleged damages are $650,000 and the matter remains pending.
- October 2010—”UNAUTHORIZED TRADING, EXCESSIVE COMMISSIONS.” The complaint was closed.
- February 2005—”CLIENT ALLEGES UNAUTHORIZED TRADES.” The matter was settled for $73,00.
For a copy of Pratul Agnihotri’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4031797#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland