Former First Standard Financial Co. Financial Advisor, James Bradley Schwartz, Has 8 Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against James Schwartz a/k/a Jim Schwartz, a former Financial Advisor at First Standard Financial Co., Joseph Gunnar & Co. and Aegis Capital in New York. James Schwartz a/k/a Jim Schwartz first entered the securities industry in 1998 and has worked for a multitude of brokerage firms.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), James Schwartz a/k/a Jim Schwartz has seven (7) customer complaints since his career in the financial services industry began. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints to be filed against a single Financial Advisor.
Of the seven complaints, two are pending:
- May 2018—Client alleges “negligence, unauthorized trading, churning, unsuitability, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty.” Alleged damages are $150,000 and the matter remains pending.
- February 2018—Client alleges “unauthorized trading and unsuitable investment recommendations.” Alleged damages are $1.694 million and the matter remains pending.
In addition, James Schwartz a/k/a Jim Schwartz has been the subject of several more customer complaints throughout his career in which the customer alleged unauthorized trading, misrepresentation and unsuitability, including the following:
- August 2017—Client alleges “unsuitable investment recommendations, unauthorized trading, negligence…federal securities law violations…” The matter was settled for $800,000.
- April 2017—Client alleges “unsuitable investment recommendations, unauthorized trading, excessive trading…” The matter was settled for $100,000.
- June 2016—Client alleges “unsuitable recommendations and mishandling of their accounts.” The matter was settled for $782,000.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of James Schwartz a/k/a Jim Schwartz, and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. His industry insight, experience and knowledge gives his clients a competitive advantage.
- Triad Sanctioned by FINRA for Violating Member Firm Rules on Supervising Financial Advisors
- Customer Disputes Pending Against First Republic Securities Co. Financial Advisor Matthew Babrick for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Dispute Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Financial Advisor Gregory Dudzik for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Alleging Unsuitability Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Investment Advisor Christopher Phillips
- Former Centaurus Financial Investment Advisor Galen Kopman the Subject of Pending Customer Complaint for Recommending Unsuitable Investments
- Former Morgan Stanley Investment Advisor Sumitro Pal Alleged to Have Engaged in Selling Away
- SEC Brings Enforcement Action Against GPB Capital Principals in $1.7B “Ponzi-Like Scheme”; Criminal Charges Also Brought
- Former Woodbury Investment Advisor Lisa Brumm Suspended and Fined for Making Unsuitable Recommendations to Investors
- Former Cambridge Investment Research Financial Advisor Michael Francoeur Barred After Selling Away
- Customer Complaint Pending Against MML Investors Services Financial Advisor Michael Nigro