Financial Advisor, Donald Logan, Suspended By FINRA For 18 Months For Allegedly Engaging In Unauthorized Trading
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Donald Logan, a former Financial Adviser at Waddell & Reed in Silverdale, Washington. Donald Logan has been in the securities industry since 2008 and previously worked at Edward Jones.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on January 11, 2019, FINRA sanctioned Donald Logan, suspending him from associating with any member brokerage firm for 18 months. The basis for the sanction was that Donald Logan was allegedly engaging in unauthorized trading in customer accounts. To review a copy of the sanction, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2015046378601%20Donald%20Logan%20CRD%205537486%20AWC%20va%20.pdf
addition, Donald Logan was previously terminated by Edward Jones for “
VIOLATED FIRM’S POLICY REGARDING DISCRETIONARY ORDERS.” For a full copy of Donald Logan’s CRD and disclosure history, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/5537486#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
In addition, every transaction must be authorized by the customer prior to execution. The Financial Advisor must not only get authorization for the trade, but also the price and date on which the trade will occur. Financial Advisors who engage in unauthorized trading, or exercise time and price discretion, often do so in order to generate commissions. This type of conduct violates FINRA rules and internal compliance rules of their brokerage firm.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Donald Logan as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct