Berthel Fisher Broker, Genevieve Mar, Has Four Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending Complaints, Alleging The Sale Of Unsuitable Securities
Genevieve Mar (CRD # 2744037) is a Financial Advisor at Berthel Fisher & Co. in Northbrook, Illinois. Genevieve Mar has been in the securities industry since 1996 and previously worked at Brewer Financial Services and Woodbury Financial Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as of May 2019, Genevieve Mar has had four customers file complaints, alleging sales practice misconduct. Two of those complaints remain pending. The specific customer complaints are as follows:
- May 2019—”The claimants allege that the investments they purchased between 2010-2015 were unsuitable and misrepresented to them by the representative. The Claimants also allege that the firm failed to supervise the actions of the representative.” The alleged damages are $1.5 million and the matter remains pending.
- July 2018—”The clients allege that the investments purchased between 2014-2016 were unsuitable, are not preforming as expected, and that the high-risk level associated with the investments was not explained to them at the time of purchase. They also allege the firm failed to supervise the actions of the representative.” Alleged damages are $250,000 and the matter remains pending.
- September 2013—”THE CLIENT ALLEGES THE 2007 AND 2008 TIC PURCHASES WERE UNSUITABLE AND MISREPRESENTED BY THE REPRESENTATIVE. THE CLIENT ALSO ALLEGES THE FIRM FAILED TO CONDUCT ADEQUATE DUE DILIGENCE.” The matter was settled for $222,000.
- June 2011—”CLIENTS ALLEGE MISREPRESENTATIONS AND OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE, AND FRAUD BY THE REPRESENTATIVE.” The case went to a final arbitration panel and the customer was awarded $125,000.
For a copy of Genevieve Mar’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2744037#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct