American Portfolios Financial Advisor, Jimmy Kuhn, Has Four Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Jimmy Kuhn, a Financial Advisor at American Portfolios Financial Services in Smithtown, NY. Jimmy Kuhn has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at Morgan Stanley.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), since 2010, Jimmy Kuhn has been the subject of four (4) customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations:
- January 2018—“Client alleges breach of fiduciary duty, neglectful portfolio supervision, and unsuitable financial recommendations.” The matter was settled for $70,000.
- December 2015—“Clients allegations are “breach of fiduciary duty, negligent supervision, unsuitable recommendations, breach of contract, misrepresentation, unauthorized trading.” The matter was settled for $60,000.
- December 2009—“Clients allege that FA recommended unsuitable investments in Ultra-Short ETFs.” The matter was settled for $65,000.
- November 2008—“Client alleges, inter alia, that his margin account was larger than he had authorized.” The matter was settled for $150,000.
To review a full copy of Jimmy Kuhn’s FINRA disclosure report, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/3260491#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Jimmy Kuhn and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds